April 29, 2013
Posted on April 23, 2013 by admin
Caring for patients with severe mobility issues can be time consuming but it is necessary to provide adequate pressure care to ensure that patients do not develop pressure sores. Unfortunately, manual turning can be difficult for both patients and carers due to the time it takes, the frequency of the turning and the risks involved.
Here at Genie Care we have developed a revolutionary patient turning device that eliminates the need for manual turning; this innovative development can guarantee that patients receive the necessary care as the issue of human error is no longer present.
Gentle Turning through Innovative Technology
The way in which the To-To operates is presented in this diagram and, as you can see, the programmable device offers a simple yet effective turning system.
The device can be programmed to turn the patient as frequently as necessary from 15 minutes to 2 hours throughout the day and night.
One of the most advantageous aspects of using this device, of course, is that the patient can be turned throughout the night without being disturbed. The patient receives both a full night’s sleep and the necessary pressure care; something that is simply not possible with manual turning.
Benefits for Both Carers and Patients
At Genie Care our aim is to develop new equipment that offers benefits for both carers and patients. The To-To is a prime example of this.
- Carers spend less time completing manual turning and can use this additional time to provide a higher quality of care.
- Carers are not put at risk of physical harm; a risk that is present during the manual turning process.
- Patients no longer have to cope with the discomfort or embarrassment that can be experienced during manual turning.
- Similarly to carers, the patients are also not put at risk of physical harm.
- Patients are guaranteed to receive the necessary pressure care that they require.
If you would like more information about the To-To or the other equipment we provide, please browse our website; alternatively, if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with us directly on 01903 733 37.
April 4, 2013
The healthcare industry is always looking for new and innovative ways to progress and develop in order to streamline processes and offer an increasing quality of patient care. New and advanced technology, of course, is making this increased level of care more accessible and more easily implemented across within numerous institutions.
Here at Genie Care we are at the forefront of developing technology to improve the quality of pressure care and pressure care equipment to ensure that processes for patients and carers alike are continually improving. We have developed a number of innovative systems that provide much needed support and care for bedridden patients and those suffering with severe mobility issues.
The ‘To-To’: Patient Turning Device
The To-To is a revolutionary patient turning device that delivers guaranteed, consistent pressure care for bedridden patients; this device eliminates the need for manual turning.
- Patients are guaranteed to receive the needed turning as the element of human error is removed.
- Patients are not put at risk of physical harm or discomfort; a significant problem associated with manual turning.
- Patients that find manual turning embarrassing or uncomfortable will no longer have to cope with the psychological stress.
- Patients receive an undisturbed night’s sleep as the device gently turns the patient throughout the night.
- The whisper quiet system and gentle turning minimises any disruption during the day and night.
- Carers or nurses are free to complete other important tasks; eliminating manual turning from their workload allows for increased quality of care in other areas.
- Patients with only one carer or nurse that is unable to turn the patient alone will still receive the appropriate level of care.
As you’ll know, turning of bedridden patients is absolutely essential to maintain tissue viability and reduce the risk of pressure sores. Our patient turning device, the To-To, ensures that this essential care is guaranteed.
If you would like more information about the To-To please visit and browse our website; you are also welcome to contact us on 01903 733 377 if you have any questions or queries.
December 14, 2012
Suitable For Use on any bed and under 99% of Mattresses
The suffering for those that are confined to a bed for extended periods of time doesn’t simply end with their current ailment, because being in the same place and position for such a long time can often result in pressure-related health problems – making their overall value of life even worse. This serious concern raises the need for ‘two-hourly’ turning or movement, and while some patients may have a carer to do this for them, others cannot. For this reason, we at Genie Care have brought about the solution, in the form of ToTo: completely unique patient turning equipment that sets itself apart from all other products on the market.
A Radical Alternative
Traditional, turning beds can actually make the problem worse and cause further discomfort simply by the way they work, however the ToTo couldn’t be more different as it presents a complete revolution in moving, handling and tissue viability.
Able to fit onto any single-sized bed, the ToTo goes against the grain by offering a fresh approach to 2 hourly or night time turning, as we fully understand that other patient turning choices can disrupt the night’s sleep and further add to the problem. The ToTo instead doesn’t require the helping hand of a carer to operate and is fully programmable so it does not disturb the patient but still provides the ever-essential tilting and turning that will keep pressure sores and ulcers from being a problem.
A Wealth of Benefits
It doesn’t end there either, as the unique design features of the ToTo, which follow on the ethos of all of our other products, bring a wealth of benefits that can be tailored to the needs of any patient. Starting of course with the reduced dependency on carers and nursing staff (a benefit which has brought about the ToTo being used in hospitals across the country) and moving onto other benefits such as the ease of installation and its whisper quiet operation
November 19, 2012
Gives patients a shower on their own bed.
See the portable WaterGenie, which gives the luxury of a real shower and hair wash on your own bed and maintains your dignity.
- Unique, portable shower system
- Gives patients a refreshing, 10-minute shower without having to move them
- Minimises risk of exacerbating existing infirmity
- A better alternative to a bed bath
- More cost-effective solution than expensive alterations
- Simple to set up and use
- Rolling transfer of patient into ‘bath’ that is then inflated around them using the integral powered pump
- Separate clean and waste water pumping systems eliminate the risk of cross-contamination
- Suitable for patients confined to bed such as the elderly, terminally ill and those with high dependency
- Low voltage
- Visible and audible temperature indicator
- Straightforward connections and continuous waste water removal during showering
- Wheeled console can be moved easily when full of water
- Bath constructed from anti-fungal impregnated vinyl
- Waste water can be pumped up to 20m away to the nearest drain
- Weight when empty: 17kg / 37.4lbs
- Water capacity: 60 litres
- WaterGenie® dimensions: 50cm (w) x 50cm (d) x 85cm (h) (approx)
- Standard bath dimensions: 183cm x 80cm (6ft x 2.6ft)
- Various sizes of bath available and can be made to measure
- Carries the CE mark and constructed to ISO 9001 and EMC89/336/EEC standards
November 16, 2012
If you’re a carer or a nurse and your loved one or patient suffers from paralysis or a disability which severely restricts mobility then you’ll already understand that complete or partial paralysis has an overwhelming impact on quality of life. A person with paralysis is always at risk of developing pressure sores as they are unable to turn themselves and regular repositioning is essential in pressure prevention; here at Genie Care we have developed a revolutionary pressure care system called ToTo which can significantly improve quality of life.
No More Manual Repositioning ToTo – Lateral Turning Platform
Conventional pressure care will usually consist of a carer or carers attending to a patient at regular intervals in order to turn him or her from one side on to the other; this manual repositioning is effective in reducing pressure ulcers but can have a negative impact on your loved one or patient. The perpetual yet essential repositioning by one or more carers can become uncomfortable for the patient, is incredibly time consuming for nurses and if you’re a lone carer then repositioning can be difficult, dangerous or simply not possible.
The ToTo gently turns the patient at regular intervals without the aid of a carer or nurse; this means that turning is entirely safe and as nurses or carers, you’ll now have more time to provide a better level of care and spend quality time with your loved one or patient.
Many patients in a home will not have a care package that extends to night time care; unfortunately, this means that patients will not be repositioned throughout the night and complications can occur as a result. The ToTo is incredibly quiet and can be programmed to a ‘night time turning’ setting to turn patient throughout the night; this can help to ensure that pressure ulcers do not develop and that the patient has a full and good night’s sleep. This is also particularly beneficial for you if you are caring for a loved and need to get up throughout the night for repositioning; thanks to the ToTo you can also get a well-deserved rest.
If you would like to know more about the pressure prevention benefits of the ToTo then please browse our website or contact us if you have any questions at all.
November 15, 2012
What Type of Bed Is Necessary?
The ToTo can be fitted to any bed or hospital bed. There is no need to purchase a specialist bed and the ToTo can be moved from bed to bed as necessary. The system is not bound to one bed once fitted.
How Is The To-To Fitted?
The lifting system is fitted between the mattress and mattress platform to slowly and gently turns without disturbing or distressing the patient.
How Loud Is the ToTo?
This system is exceptionally quiet (<20db) as it is designed to provide the essential turning while offering patients a peaceful night’s sleep. It can be both humiliating and stressful for patients to be turned during the night by carers and many patients do not have the necessary care package to cover night time turning. The To-To removes this problem entirely.
How Often Does It Turn A Patient?
One of the best things about the system is the control you have over both the turning and dwelling times as the system is fully programmable.
The To-To offers an incredible range of benefits for both patients and carers; clickhere to see the To-To in action. If you would like more information about the ToTo or our range of other products, don’t hesitate to browse our website or contact us directly.
November 15, 2012
Our unique patient turning device, the To-To is an exceptional piece of pressure care equipment that can significantly reduce the risk of pressure ulcers developing in bedridden patients while removing any danger posed to the patient or carer as a result of manual turning.
With the ToTo the patient is turned throughout the night without being disturbed; carers are free to carry out other essential tasks and the patient is guaranteed to be turned every two hours which is vital to improve tissue viability. Here at Genie Care we understand the importance of regular turning for bedridden patients and the ToTo turning device is a highly effective solution. So how does the ToTo work?
November 2, 2012
ToTo: Reduce Manual Handling in Bedridden Patient’s
It’s essential that the manual handling of patients is carried out to the absolute highest standards and if possible, not at all. It can be dangerous and uncomfortable for the patient while it is time consuming for nurses and carers. Here at Genie Care we understand the difficulties surrounding manual handling and believe that our unique patient turning device, the To-To, is the ideal solution.
Regular Turning to Prevent Ulcers
The regular manual turning of bedridden patients by carers and nurses is essential to reduce the risk of pressure ulcers developing; unfortunately, in order for this to be effective, it is necessary to turn the patient as often as every two hours. This can disturb a patient’s sleep, be humiliating for the patient and consistently use the time of multiple carers.
Take Manual Handling Out Of the Equation
The To-To, however, will turn the patient every two hours (when set to do so), without the need for any form of human involvement at all. This means that:
- The 2 carers that were previously required to turn the patient are free to complete other tasks
- The patient is put at no danger through manual handling
- The patient is not disturbed throughout the night to complete manual turning
- The patient is guaranteed to be turned every two hours; human error or scheduling difficulties are no longer a problem
- The patient can also benefit from the improvement of respiratory and circulation problems
The ToTo can be fitted to any hospital or traditional bed and can be set to turn the patient every two hours; the device is also incredibly quiet and gentle so as not to disturb the patient during the night.
Why not take a look at our video of the ToTo in action so you can see for yourself how this unique device works? If you would like more information about the ToTo or our range of other products, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.